Wednesday, December 05, 2007

My head spinning...

from the overwhelming Atlanta PJ Seminar. I get back to work refired and ready to go.. work hard work because it matters to me, learn something new every day, talk to a person I may not otherwise ever talk to, make a few photographs, and relish the glory of knowing I am lucky...

only to have my enthusiasm crushed (temporarily) by people who truly believe that "good enough is good enough"

so I awoke this morning, took the dog out, made coffee, and hit the internet for something, I thought to myself "I can't be the only one who feels this way, how can I be more creative, how can i keep my fire going?" even if those around me feel like dousing me with water will put me back in my little box of show up, do what you are supposed to, challenge nothing, go home drink wine and drown..

Anyway for fear of a longer rant here is what I found,

http://www.changethis.com/6.HowToBeCreative

It's a 49 page manifesto, and over my morning coffee and cigarettes I read the whole thing on my computer and I feel better knowing it's not just me...

its filled with little gems like

"you are only as good as the love you have for other people"

"nobody cares, do it for yourself"

"The price of being a sheep is boredom, the price of being a wolf is loneliness, Choose one or the other with great care"

and I realized I have always been and will always be a wolf...

I do this because I love it and I will not allow anyone to drown me....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home